Wednesday, August 20, 2008

14th August 2008: Coping well with work life

I have started work for almost 2 weeks. Things are going pretty good for me I think. I do really hope that I can stay in this job for long.

The people here are nice, much much nicer than those in my previous company. And most importantly, I think I have a good boss. Another colleague who came in on the same day as me was actually pregnant after the interview and so before she signed the letter, she informs our boss that she is expecting. He was fine with it and told her not to worry. Isn't that nice??

We were told by the colleague here that it is a "fertile ground" here. Cos basically, the people here get pregnant one after another and so, Lynn warned me to be careful. That gave me a scare cos my menses was unusually late for almost 2 week, but luckily, it came…

For the last 2 weeks, I have been bringing Jaden home every night unlike previously when I was working; I only bring him home on Friday and over the weekend. I think this is a better arrangement cos I don't miss him that much at work anymore as I still get to play with him in the morning. I used to miss him so much, that I dread going to work. I'm not sure whether it's the environment here either, but, after 2 weeks, I'm still going on well so I'm pretty happy with my current arrangement. Jaden seems happier this way too I think cause he dun seem to be sticking to me that much and being grouchy like how he used to be when I went to work.

We met Jac and Cerlyn last Saturday at Imperial treasures for Dim Sum cum lunch. Jon n Steph joined us cos we couldn't meet them for dinner the night before and so, WM asked them to join us. That left me with little time to catch up with the gals cos WM told me to sit with them so steph wun be bored. Hopefully, we'll get to do a lunch/dinner one of these days again, just by ourselves... We actually spent more than half a day in taka that day and were very tired by the time we headed home. Jaden had fun playing with Faith and it was good because we could actually concentrate on looking at our things while the 2 kids played themselves at the corner. That day was the day where Jaden finally met someone his match. He was always out "bullying" people, hugging and kissing them. But that day, Faith was "better at it and Jaden was so shocked. It was good cos at least he noes, He's not the boss.

2 comments:

Mommy Mash said...

Pearlyn,

your boss sounds like a understanding boss.. at least he still accepted the staff...

if i have good boss and colleagues, then i might be tempted to go back to work too...haha

Wormy's Mom said...

Hi mash,

Yeah he is a very understanding boss. At least till now, i still see him as a good boss. :)

Tempted to go back to work haha... Well, I believe u are enjoying spending time with Jaylen at home too. I miss my SAHM days your noe...